So last year Emperor Divers in Sharm started to review just what we had to offer the diver and began to research trips or products that we, or others, had never offered before. So what tricks does the old dog have up its sleeve? How do we stand out from the competition?
The Sharm team now offers the following on top of the standard trips provided by most of the other dive centres:
- Try dives now not only in our pool but also from the beach or boat, it's your choice.
- The Bubblemaker dive program now offered from beach or pool.
- Unlimited beach diving for those not wanting to be away all day and have family time.
- Half day local boat diving for those wanting the choice to dive morning or afternoon, especially good for those wanting a lie-in or watch a sporting event.
- New photography trips up to Nuweiba and its famed house reef.
- Overnight Thistlegorm. You might well have done the day dives, but how about a night dive? Get away from the crowds without going on a liveaboard.
- Overnight Tiran. Our hammerhead shark trips were the talk of the town last year with a 90% success rate for encounters with them plus Spanish Dancers on nearly every night dive.
- New for 2008! Overnight Ras Mohammed. Be the last or the first divers on Shark and Yolanda and get away from all the other boats.
Although Sharm is now spread over some 25 Km its social hub can be covered on foot in no more than 5 minutes from end to end. The centre has been closed to traffic with two main pedestrian precincts; one dedicated mainly to shops but the other to bars, clubs and restaurants. There is something for everyone: you can take a quiet walk along the sea front promenade, smoke a shisha in one of the many sidewalk cafes, follow the happy hour trail or wait for the midnight hour to club the night away.
If you want to save a few pennies then follow the 'Happy Hour Trail'. End your day with a beer at Emperor then follow this plan:
- Jolie-Ville sea front bar, 2 for 1, from 4.00 to 6.00 pm
- Ghazala sea front bar, 2 for 1, from 6.00 to 7.00 pm
- Pirates, Hilton hotel, beers 7LE at 7, 8LE at 8, 9LE at 9, stops at 10.00pm
For those interested in the dining front how about a different type of cuisine each night as follows:
- Monday - Zigolini, Italian at the Jolie-Ville with views along the precinct.
- Tuesday - Dan, Steakhouse and a firm favourite with the locals.
- Wednesday - Camel Roof, Pizza under the stars in this very popular location.
- Thursday - On Deck, Seafood on a wooden jetty built out into the sea and overlooking the Bay. Friday - Tandoori, Indian located in the Camel courtyard and right in the heart of town.
- Saturday - Little Buddha, Far Eastern fusion and Sushi for that special and expensive meal.
- Sunday - Abou EL Sid, Egyptian for that local experience.